The Global Undergraduate Awards exists to be the ultimate champion of undergraduates with high potential. To help us fulfil that aim, each entrant must agree to the following terms and conditions:
1) By making a submission to the Global Undergraduate Awards (“GUA”), entrants hereby agree to abide by the following terms and conditions which incorporate the submission criteria.
2) An undergraduate student refers to an individual studying for a bachelor's degree. The following categories of undergraduate students are eligible to submit entries:
- (i) Final and penultimate year undergraduate students (including full and part-time students, mature students and those who have previously obtained a degree) during the current academic year; and
- (ii) Final year undergraduate students (including full and part-time students, mature students and those who have previously obtained a degree) during the previous academic year
3) Submissions must be made online in PDF format; hard copies and other formats will not be considered.
4) GUA will accept no responsibility for submissions that are submitted incorrectly, lost, mislaid or delayed, regardless of cause. Any submissions made after the submission deadline will not be accepted.
5) Each submission can only be entered into the awards once. An entrant may make a maximum of 3 submissions in total.
6) The minimum grades required for submission vary according to region and can be found on the UA website. GUA reserve the right to alter these criteria, at its sole discretion, at any time.
7) Submissions must be accompanied by an abstract or an artist’s statement in order to be considered. This abstract/artist’s statement will be considered in the judging process.
8) Submissions must be the entrant’s own work and GUA reserves the right, using any available method, to check submissions for plagiarism. Any submission deemed in the reasonable opinion of the judges to have been plagiarised, in whole or in part, shall be disqualified.
9) Submissions must be anonymous, entrants must remove any information that could identify them or their university/institution from their submission. Work that breaches anonymity will be disqualified.
10) GUA does not accept work published before the submission deadline passes. Work published online or in print before the submission deadline will be disqualified. During the submissions process, entrants must confirm their work has not been previously published.
11) The following categories will be accepting group work:
- Architecture & Design
- Chemical & Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics & Physics
- Medical Sciences
A maximum of 5 contributing authors who all meet the eligibility requirements can submit a piece of group work to their chosen category. One individual author submits the work with the consent of the other contributing authors and is nominated to represent the group at the GUA Global Summit if the work is awarded.
12) Submissions will be reviewed, graded and shortlisted by the judging panels. The judging panels’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13) GUA Judges agree to treat the research findings they read as confidential information and to hold them in strict confidence.
14) GUA reserves the right to disqualify entries during the judging process for any breach of submission criteria.
15) The entrant grants GUA a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and transferable copyright licence to use, reproduce, distribute and display all submissions and accompanying materials. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they hold full copyright in their submissions or, to the extent that this is not the case, have obtained the necessary permissions to submit and grant the licence in this clause.
16) Winning papers will be published online in The Undergraduate Library. GUA may choose, in its sole discretion, to publish any other submissions online. Entrants may opt-out of this during the submission process.
17) Entrants may, at any time, contact GUA via email to have their work removed from the GUA website.
18) When an entrant uploads a CV/Resume during the submission process, entrants give GUA permission to share it with our corporate partners in connection with potential job opportunities and potential opportunities for corporate partners to sponsor students to attend The Global Undergraduate Summit and Gala Dinner. The use of an entrant’s CV/Resume by any such corporate partner is subject to that partner’s data processing policies and procedures. GUA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of corporate partners’ websites and disclaims all liability in respect of the corporate partners’ use of your CV/Resume and processing of associated personal data.
19) By registering with GUA, entrants will be added to the GUA entrants’ mailing list to receive updates on the submission process. Entrants may opt-out of this mailing list.
20) GUA may, at any time and without notice, amend or alter prizes and/or deadlines.
21) GUA may withdraw an award of Highly Commended, Regional or Global Winner, at any time, even after announcements have been made, if it is deemed, retroactively, that a mistake has occurred during the judging process.
22) GUA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who breaches any of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions, and any disputes arising from them, shall be subject to the governing laws of Ireland, with all parties submitting to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.