The Global Undergraduate Awards exists to be the ultimate champion of undergraduates with high potential. To help us fulfil that aim, each entrant must agree to the following terms and conditions:
1) By making a submission to the Global Undergraduate Awards (“UA”), entrants hereby agree to abide by the following terms and conditions which incorporate the submission criteria.
2) The following categories of entrants are eligible to submit essays:
- (i) Final and penultimate year undergraduate students (including full and part-time students, mature students and those who have previously obtained a degree) during the current academic year; and
- (ii) Final year undergraduate students (including full and part-time students, mature students and those who have previously obtained a degree) during the previous academic year.
3) Submissions must be made online in PDF or Word document format; hard copies and other formats will not be considered.
4) UA will accept no responsibility for submissions that are submitted incorrectly, lost, mislaid or delayed, regardless of cause. Any submissions made after the submission deadline will not be accepted.
5) Each submission can only be entered into the awards once. An entrant may make a maximum of 3 submissions in total. Only one submission per entrant may be shortlisted in any category.
6) The minimum grades required for submission vary according to region and can be found on the UA website. UA reserve the right to alter these criteria, at its sole discretion, at any time.
7) Submissions must be accompanied by a 100-300 word abstract in order to be considered. This abstract will be used in the judging process.
8) Submissions must be the entrant’s own work and UA reserve the right, using any available method, to check submissions for plagiarism. Any submission deemed in the reasonable opinion of the judges to have been plagiarised, in whole or in part, shall be disqualified.
9) Submissions will initially be reviewed, graded and shortlisted by the judging panels. The judging panels’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10) The entrant grants UA a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and transferable copyright licence to use, reproduce, distribute and display all submissions and accompanying materials. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they hold full copyright in their submissions or, to the extent that this is not the case, have obtained the necessary permissions to submit and grant the licence in this clause 10.
11) Winning papers will be published online in The Undergraduate Library. UA may choose, in its sole discretion, to publish any other submissions online. Entrants may opt-out of this during the submission process.
12) Entrants may, at any time, contact UA via email to have their work removed from the UA website.
13) Should an entrant upload a CV/Resume during the submission process, entrants give UA permission to share it with our corporate partners in connection with potential job opportunities. The use of your CV/Resume by any such corporate partner is subject to that partner’s data processing policies and procedures. UA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of corporate partners’ websites and disclaims all liability in respect of the corporate partners’ use of your CV/Resume and processing of associated personal data.
14) By registering with UA, entrants will be added to the UA entrants’ mailing list to receive occasional updates on the submission process. Entrants may opt-out of this mailing list.
15) UA may, at any time and without notice, amend or alter prizes and/or deadlines.
16) UA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who breaches any of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions, and any disputes arising from them, shall be subject to the governing laws of Ireland, with all parties submitting to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.