The Global Undergraduate Awards prides itself on eliminating bias from the UA Judging Process. This Process requires all entries to be submitted anonymously.
It is very important that your entry upload i.e. actual PDF document does not include any personal details or details of your institution.
Failure to remove this information will result in disqualification.
Before you submit your entry, please make sure to remove the following details from your entry upload. You can use the CMD/CTRL + F function to find this information quickly.
- Your name
- Your photograph
- Your supervisor's name - including where it is mentioned in citations
- Your university's name, nickname, initial, photo, and logo
- Your student number
- Your module or course name and code
You should either delete this information, or replace it with an X or a short note such as "this citation has been redacted for anonymity."
It is recommended that you do not drag black boxes over the details, as sometimes these elements disappear when you highlight them, revealing the information.
Please take particular care with the following:
- When referencing online articles via your institution library or website, please redact the name or initial of your institution i.e. www.oed.comlibezproxy.exeter.ac.uk/view/Entry/27226 - exclude entirely or redact names.
- Headers and/or footers
- Ethic statements & declarations - remove institution name.
- File name
When attaching your entry upload to the submission form, please use a generic file title. Do not include your own name or module code/name as the title of the PDF file.
When citing interviews you carried out ensure you write "conducted by the author" or similar instead of citing your name.
If referencing your supervisor, remember to redact the institution and your supervisor's name.
We understand that these redactions may make your work seem improperly cited, however our judges will understand that this has been done for the purposes of anonymity and will not penalise you.
We do not require entrants to redact: names of cities, countries, areas, geographic features, hospitals, schools, etc.