We Are Hiring a Judging Process Intern
UA Judging Process Intern 2019
Closing date: 5PM 27th May, 2019.
The Global Undergraduate Awards (UA) is a prestigious international academic awards programme, which is now the largest in the world. The programme is run by an independent, Irish, not-for-profit company, with university partners and affiliates around the world. UA is pan-disciplinary and aims to celebrate and support the world’s brightest and most innovative undergraduate students by recognising their best coursework. Each year, UA recruits 25 panels of leading academics to assess this work, and select the winning papers in each category. UA brings the Winners together over 3-days at our Annual Global Undergraduate Summit, held in Dublin each November.
Reporting to the Academic Engagement Executive, the Judging Process Intern will support the UA team in managing panels of international academics for the UA Judging Process 2019. The role will be concerned with liaising with academics globally, and recruiting them to join the UA judging panels. You will also be responsible for supporting these Judges through the 10-week judging process using the online judging platform, Award Force.
- Assist in the recruitment of international judges to take part in The Judging Process 2019.
- Connect with international academics for the Judging Process.
- Be the first point of contact for the Judges, liaise with the Judges, and support them through the 4 Stages of our Judging Process.
- Create a database of the key themes from the submissions to the 2019 programmes.
The Judging Process:
- Assist in the recruitment of Judges for the Judging Process 2019: engaging in wide recruitment of academics from around the world, from within and outside UA’s network, and asking them to take part in the Judging Process.
- Take part in the Screening Process: ensuring papers meet the eligibility criteria in each of the UA categories before the Judging Process begins.
- Manage and organise the Judging Panels in accordance with the Panel Chairs.
- Assist the Judges in using the online assessment platform Award Force.
- Build strong working relations with the Judges.
- Gather results and statistics throughout the various Stages of the Judging Process.
- Manage the assignment of papers to the Judging Panels: ensuring assignments are equally-distributed and, where possible, distributed in accordance with Judges’ specialities.
- Collect comments and feedback from the Judging Chairs on the 25 Global Winners’ papers
- Collect feedback from Judges on the 2019 Judging Process, and email certificates to Judges who take part at the end of the Process.
- Invite Judges to The Global Undergraduate Summit in November.
- Maintain working relationships for future panel recruitment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- An undergraduate degree or higher
- Preferably some experience working in the education sector
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner
- Excellent relationship-management skills
- Excellent organisation and strong time-management skills
- Working to deadline -Can you plan ahead to work under time-pressures and adhere to strict deadlines?
- Assertiveness - Are you confident to chase/follow up with Judges who have failed to meet their deadline?
- A highly motivated self-starter – Are you an achiever?
- A strategic and organised approach to work – Does your heart flutter when you hear the words “colour-coded”?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Can you communicate in an enticing manner?
- A knowledge and interest in worldwide education and research – Could you work within this global academic community?
- An appreciation of the development of a small non-profit organisation – Would you enjoy working on a small team that makes a difference?
- A fun, enthusiastic outlook – Do you see opportunities around every corner?
- An enthusiasm for UA’s mission and vision – Do you believe in what UA is trying to achieve?
- A passion for academia - Do you love and value knowledge-production and transmission?
- 6-month Internship: June 2019- November 2019
- Monday - Friday - 10am until 4pm
- €1,061 gross, per month (paid monthly)
- Office lifestyle benefits (breakfast, lunch & snacks,)
The Global Undergraduate Awards is located in the heart of Dublin City Centre: 65 Great Strand St, Dublin
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, simply send your CV and a short cover letter outlining why you wish to work with The Global Undergraduate Awards to Tess Basquel Fahy: email@example.com