We are Hiring a Judging Process Executive!
Closing date 1st May 5PM.
The Global Undergraduate Awards (UA) is a prestigious international academic awards programme, which is now the largest in the world. The programme is run by an independent, Irish, not-for-profit company, with university partners and affiliates around the world. UA is pan-disciplinary and aims to celebrate and support the world’s brightest and most innovative undergraduate students by recognising their best coursework. Each year, UA recruits 25 panels of leading academics to assess this work, and select the winning papers in each category. UA brings the Winners together over 3-days at our Annual Global Undergraduate Summit, held in Dublin each November.
The Judging Process Administrator will take the lead in managing panels of international academics for the UA Judging Process 2019. The role will be concerned with liaising with academics globally, and recruiting them to join the UA judging panels. You will also be responsible for supporting these Judges through the 10-week judging process using the online judging platform Award Force. Following the Process, the Judging Process Administrator will assist in organisational work for The Global Undergraduate Summit 2019, collect Judges’ feedback, make relevant changes for the 2020 Judging Process, and begin recruitment for the 2020 Judging Process.
- Recruit international expert judges to take part in the Judging Process.
- Connect with international academics for the Judging Process, building good working relationships.
- Be the first point of contact for the Judges, liaise with the Judges, and support them through the 4 Stages of our Judging Process.
- Create a database of the key themes from the Submissions to the programme.
- Assist in the recruitment of Judges for the Judging Process 2019: engaging in wide recruitment of academics from around the world, from within and outside UA’s network, and asking them to take part in the Judging Process.
- Take part in the Screening Process: ensuring papers meet the eligibility criteria in each of the UA categories before the Judging Process begins.
- Manage and organise the Judging Panels in accordance with the Panel Chairs.
- Manage stages of the Judging Process setup online through our assessment platform Award Force.
- Assist the Judges in using Award Force.
- Build strong working relationships with the Judges.
- Gather results and statistics from the various Stages of the Judging Process.
- Manage the assignment of papers to the Judging Panels: ensuring assignments are equally-distributed and, where possible, distributed in accordance with Judges’ specialities.
- Collect comments and feedback from the Judging Chairs on the 25 Global Winners’ papers.
- Collect feedback from Judges on the Judging Process, and suggest amendments accordingly.
- Email certificates to Judges who take part at the end of the Process.
- Invite Judges to The Global Undergraduate Global Summit in November.
- Assist the UA in the organisation of The Global Undergraduate Summit.
- Maintain working relationships for future panel recruitment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- An undergraduate degree or higher
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner
- Excellent relationship-management skills
- Excellent organisational skills and strong time-management skills
- Working to deadlines - Can you plan ahead to work under time-pressure and adhere to deadlines?
- Assertiveness - Are you confident to chase/follow up with Judges who have failed to meet their deadline?
- A highly motivated self-starter – Are you an achiever?
- A strategic and organised approach to work – Does your heart flutter when you hear the words “colour-coded”?
- A knowledge and interest in worldwide education and research – Could you work within this global academic community?
- An appreciation of the development of a small non-profit organisation – Would you enjoy working on a small team that makes a difference?
- A fun, enthusiastic outlook – Do you see opportunities around every corner?
- An enthusiasm for UA’s mission and vision – Do you believe in what UA is trying to achieve?
- A passion for academia - Do you love and value knowledge-production and transmission?
- Two-year fixed term contract.
- Monday - Friday - 8am-10am until 4pm-6pm (flexible start-finish times), 35 hours per week.
- Basic gross salary €23,000 per annum.
The Global Undergraduate Awards is located in Dublin City Centre: 65 Great Strand St, Dublin
HOW TO APPLY
To apply simply send your CV and a short cover letter outlining why you wish to work with The Global Undergraduate Awards to Tess Basquel Fahy, at email@example.com