The Global Undergraduate Awards is Hiring!
The Global Undergraduate Awards
The Global Undergraduate Awards (UA) is a not for profit Irish company and the world’s largest undergraduate awarding body. Undergraduate students can submit their work across 25 different categories available in the sciences, humanities and creative arts. Since inception in 2009 over 30,000 students have submitted. Winners and Highly Commended Entrants are invited to the UA Global Summit in Dublin annually where they are awarded and provided with support and network opportunities as well the challenge of addressing issues of global significance. UA is an all-Ireland organisation funded by third level institutions, philanthropy, state bodies and the corporate sector.
UA are looking for a strategic business development executive who wants to add value to a young global, not for profit organisation. A key aspect of the role will involve recruiting universities and institutions to become affiliated with UA. The ideal candidate will have clear leadership qualities, an understanding of the third level sector and an interest in the global student. We are looking for a candidate to start as soon as possible.
As the focus of UA’s work is undergraduate students, the UA work environment is vibrant and friendly. The role gives a real opportunity to make a difference both to the organisation and the global student community.
Key aspect of the role include:
- Develop the UA brand amongst the third level sector globally.
- Lead the international drive in university engagement for the Undergraduate Awards.
- Create and maintain relationships with universities seeking to affiliate with UA in their drive to recruit excellent graduates worldwide.
- Maintain a pipeline of international contacts in both the marketing and graduate recruitment/university relations functions of corporations worldwide.
- Assist in supporting universities in their objectives whether for a strategic partnership, to recruit graduate students and/or to promote university programmes.
International Engagement in higher education globally:
- Define and promote the attractive service that UA can offer partner and affiliated institutions worldwide;
- Generate and manage a database of appropriate contacts with key personnel in universities globally; Presidents, Registrars, Deans of Undergraduate Studies, Deans of Research, and Global Relations Managers etc;
- Create appropriate partnership packages depending on institutional needs and objectives;
- Effectively communicate the benefits of a partnership to these and related organisations;
- Establish meaningful, long-term relationships with appropriate personnel within partner institutions;
- Consistently deliver against assigned targets, while prioritising the provision of an outstanding service;
- Implement creative ways to improve our partner relationships, tailor and share performance-enhancing suggestions;
- Communicate with current and prospective institutions proactively, via phone and email;
- Share and collaborate with the UA Executive Director and Communications Manager in relationships with universities worldwide;
- Uphold UA’s values of Inclusivity, Collaboration, Innovation, Efficiency, Impartiality and Ambition, while acting in an appropriate, honest and transparent manner.
- A third level degree
- Sales and/or customer relations experience,
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Google Applications
- A highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with CRM an advantage
- Demonstrable capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others
- A knowledge and interest in worldwide undergraduate/graduate education and research
- An appreciation of the development of a small not for profit organisation
- Enthusiasm and passion for UA’s mission and vision for undergraduate students and their institutions
Starting salary of €23,000 p.a. with additional commission and office benefits.
Please email your curriculum vitae and a covering letter referencing your suitability for the role to the UA General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 15th March 5PM.